2009年10月20日火曜日

Mid-Autumn Festival


I’m going to talk about moon cake.
Moon cake is traditional food eaten in Mid-Autumn Festival. Typical moon cakes are round or rectangular pastries. It contains lotus seed, yolks from salted duck eggs. Egg yolks symbolize the full moon.
Traditional moon cakes printed the Chinese characters; it means “longevity” or “harmony”. There are many kinds of moon cakes, for example, it contains azuki beans, pumpkin seeds, nuts, peanuts, and durians and so on.
Traditional cakes are so high in calories, because they are made with lard and a lot of sugar, but modern cakes are healthier than before. Some are made of yogurt, jelly, and fat-free ice cream. New flavors are cream cheese, tiramisu, green tea, chocolate and so on. In these days, moon cakes are easy to eat for young people.

8 件のコメント:

  1. The moocake looks very delicious.

    返信削除
  2. Recentry, I ate the moon cake in chinese restaurant.
    maybe..
    It's delicious!!!!!

    返信削除
  3. that picture's cake is looking very very dericious. i hope you gave me that one immediately. i want to eat that !!!

    返信削除
  4. I want to eat a moon cake. Let's go to China together.

    返信削除
  5. I like moon cake!
    I like nuts, too!!
    Chie, please give me them:-p

    返信削除
  6. I love sweets! So I want to eat a moon cake very much!! Please give me one:)

    返信削除
  7. The moon cake is very cute and delicious.
    i want to eat!!

    返信削除
  8. Looks delicious!!Please buy it for me!!!

    返信削除